Official time: Monday - Sunday, 8:00 - 21:30

Book Appointment: (613) 608 4046 -

  • English
  • Tiếng Việt

Consent for Minor Children to travel abroad

When traveling with a minor child, especially internationally, many countries require a consent letter from both parents or guardians to confirm that the child has permission to travel. This document is essential, as it helps avoid potential complications and ensures a hassle-free experience at immigration checkpoints.

We have carefully prepared a step-by-step guide based on official guidelines from the Government of Canada's website, ensuring that your consent letter meets all necessary requirements.

  1. Download the Consent form for Minor Child to travel Abroad (EN) or Lettre Consentement pour un enfant voyageant à l’étranger (FR) to fill out all information at home. If you have two or more children, you can give consent to travel for all children in one letter by using an interactive consent form
  2. Prepare the Required Information: Gather all the essential details needed for the consent letter, such as the full names of the child, the traveling parent or guardian, the non-accompanying parent or guardian, and the travel dates and destinations.
  3. Sign the Consent at Notary Office: The authorize parent or guardians (if applicable) must sign the consent letter in the presence of a notary public. Please bring valid identification documents for verification (Passport OR Driver Licence is accepted. We do NOT accept Health Card as ID Card). Our notary public will witness the signatures and attach the appropriate notarial certificate. You can choose either notarize the letter ONLINE or In-person.
  4. Photocopies and Travel Documents: Make photocopies of all relevant documents, including the consent letter, identification documents of both parents or guardians, and the child's identification.
  5. Keep Copies Safe: Keep the original consent letter and notarized copy (if applicable) in a safe and easily accessible place during your travel. It's also a good idea to give copies to the non-accompanying parent or guardian.

Remember that requirements and regulations may vary depending on the destination country and the airline you are traveling with. Always check the travel guidelines of your destination country to ensure compliance.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at

We wish you a safe and pleasant journey with your minor child.

Consent for Minor children to travel abroad